Welcome to Filabres’s documentation!¶
This is the documentation for filabres (version 1.0).
Filabres is embedded in a joint effort of the Calar Alto Observatory (especially Santos Pedraz and Jesús Aceituno), the Spanish Virtual Observatory (Enrique Solano, José Manuel Alacid and Miriam Cortés), and the Physics of the Earth and Astrophysics Department at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Nicolás Cardiel, Sergio Pascual, Enrique Galcerán and Jaime Hernández), and the collaboration of the Instituto de Física de Cantabria (Maite Ceballos), with the main goal of providing useful reduced images through the Calar Alto Archive hosted at http://caha.sdc.cab.inta-csic.es/calto/.
Although this software package has been initially created with the idea of performing the automatic reduction of direct images obtained with the instrument CAFOS, placed at the 2.2 m telescope of the Calar Alto Observatory, filabres has been designed to allow the future inclusion of additional observing modes and instruments.
The typical workflow with filabres consists of the following steps:
- Image classification (bias, flat-imaging, arc, science-imaging, etc.)
- Reduction of calibration images (bias, flat-imaging) and generation of combined master calibrations as a function of the modified Julian Date.
- Basic reduction of individual science images, making use of the corresponding master calibrations (closest in time to the observation of the science target). The main reduction steps considered here are:
An example of use of filabres with CAFOS data from 2017 is illustrated in this documentation.
- Filabres installation
- Initial setup
- Initial image check
- Image classification
- Reduction of bias images
- Reduction of flat-imaging
- Reduction of science-imaging frames
- Another example with LSSS data
Software repository: https://github.com/nicocardiel/filabres